Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm a slacker

Yeah it's been over a week since my last post.  I accepted the job at Targhee.  

I've been busy, but it's hard to say doing what...some painting here, some cleaning, some bike maintenance, some (lots of?) riding, some trail work.  We had a trail work day at Shindagin recently.  That was fun, check it out here.

Yesterday Steve did some filming while I did some riding.  He's putting together a video highlighting some of the local riding spots and folks, and my little dirt jump spot is one of them.

The 5" fork I ran on my Bitch (the bike i ride 95% of the time) has a crack in the steerer tube, at the base by the crown.  See below.  This is an area of high stress, it's an old fork, and I beat on it pretty hard.  I'm sad to see it go, and replacing it will probably cost me >=$300.  So it goes.  I'd like a new rockshox..maybe a domain or a lyrik, but that can be serious $$...and I am wary of buying used on the internet where I can't inspect the fork...

100_o.jpg


 Busted fork aside, bikes are working okay.  I'd like a fork for my Castellano (xc bike).  I'm running it rigid right now and I'm watching a ton of stuff on ebay, but it also needs a derailleur...  Road bike needs general inspection and maintenance.  My big rig is working great, but I need to make some sort of chain guide, or figure out how to run a front derailleur with the tensioner I have on there now.


So I gotta get to it, get this stuff done.  Today I'll finish my painting job, get payed for some stuff, work on bikes, go to bike shop, maybe make it to a local Ithaca jam.  I also would like to make it down to Elmira again before my mom leaves.  We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment