Friday, January 30, 2009

hi

while I dont often document the things I do, I think the next few months (at least?) deserve some prose and pictures. 

my blogging experience is limited to the cornell cycling blog.  

the idea of skipping town and doing something completely different was initially Rebecca's.  I dismissed it initially because i didnt think it would work.  travel without some sort of plan that I knew would pan out seemed expensive and stressful.  So I looked into jobs.  

I think I've always wanted to save the planet--cliche for sure, but apt.  please distinguish planet from people.  While I feel bad about it, I'm not inclined to go help people (think peace corps).  So in high school I was thinking alternative energy--nothing in particular, but it seemed like an engineering solution to a global problem, but my inclination for saving the planet is for another time.

So I looked into jobs, didn't see much that struck my fancy doing what I wanted to do in a place that had mountain biking like nowhere else (the northwest).  picky, yeah.

I wasn't much enjoying the work I was doing in Ithaca, and while staying an extra semester would give me the chance to make something sweet in the machine shop, most of my friends would be working too much as usual.  Rebecca and I went to jackson in December, and, even though we never got to see the mountains, the people, the snow, and the terrain were great.  I talked with folks and decided I was okay with going to jackson without a plan.  It would be easy enough to meet people, find work, and man was the skiing awesome.  The awesome skiing is a very important factor.

I could keep talking but then I'd be repetitive later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment