Friday, January 30, 2009

on the road some more

After the coldest night yet, nebraska was pretty thanks to a light dusting of snow.
After miles and miles of landscape like the above but not pretty, I saw scraggle pines and low but steep hills.  I scrabbled for the camera and snapped some video.  how useful.  Then I saw the "welcome to wyoming" sign.  Then there were mountains, captured successfully in a picture.  you may have to double click it to see the mountains.  
Soon after it got really windy.  I tried a couple times to capture the windy-ness, but eventually it got really windy and I stopped trying.  My truck is now sensitive to wind and I posted record low gas mileage for the several hundred miles of wind.
Once I got off the highway and onto wyoming 191, the wind got worse and the roads got icy.  From then on I've been running in 4wd, and it's a blessing.  Without it I'd have slept stuck in a drift on 191.

I got into jackson last night around 8.  I drove around for a while looking for a place to park for the night.  There's no overnight parking anywhere in jackson.  The streets get plowed, and there are signs everywhere for it, so I looked for vehicles with snow on them--these, surely, had been there for at least a couple of days. 

I parked, later, at Albertsons, the grocery store.  





No comments:

Post a Comment