Monday, June 1, 2009

teton pass, first day o work, camping

I had a great, although unexpected day of riding on Teton Pass the day before yesterday.  I went to Wilson, a small town at the base of the pass, looking for an arts show.  While I found no arts show, I did find a bunch of mountain bikers shuttling the pass.  The trails off the pass are well known for their quality, difficulty, and the fact that they are actually legal.

The Parallel trail was dry, as were the powerline (or Palmer) jumps.  Both were super fun, well built, and had stuff big enough that I passed it up on my hardtail.  I met some cool folks and did 3 laps.  Fun!

Today was my first day of work.  It was short due to rain, and the fact that the mountain is still covered in snow, but we went over chainsaw maintenance and operation, did paperwork, and talked about plans.  The crew seems like a good group of guys, and I like our boss, Andy.  

I dunno about the plan of camping for 6 months.  While I would really enjoy camping, I have a lot of stuff, and four bikes.  It would simplify things and I think facilitate my days off to have a place where I could keep my stuff.  I thought I might feel this way.  I'm looking for a room in Driggs, or at least close to Driggs.  We'll see what turns up.  Until then most of my bikes are stashed at a local shop.  I don't want to have to drive 40 minutes each way to work, and I don't want to pay 600 bucks for rent, so my options are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment