Saturday, March 14, 2009

new ride, bad conditions...grilling!

Got out yesterday on my slightly too wide board.  As I expected, it's slightly too wide.  However, I was still able to ride some tight trees to get the few stashes left on the resort, and it gave me an incredible amount of stability in heavy, tracked conditions.  I expect great flotation in powder.  I feel like I have to commit more for steep turns, that's probably where the width comes in.  

I havent yet formed my opinion.  I need to get a couple more days on this board.  It is beautiful, and now I match from head to toe.  I'll get a picture of it soon.

Oh yeah I got some buddies together yesterday for some grilling in the ranch parking lot.  The ranch lot is a parking lot at the ski resort that isn't as spendy.  A very helpful lady employed by the grocery store helped me prepare.  She found all the deals on buns and hot dogs and recommended I add shredded broccoli and frozen chopped onions to my burgers.  

Sure enough, she was right.  The burgers were delicious, everyone complemented me on my brilliance...  I was impressed by my little grill's ability to cook.  the thing put out plenty of heat to char burgers and used very little propane.  

I expect to continue to ranch lot grilling tradition every week weather permitting, preferably on fridays or saturdays.  In the future I expect we'll get some more folks to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment