Friday, April 3, 2009

great day!

I had a great day of riding.  9:30 to 4.  Many thanks to my dad for an early birthday present of a lift ticket.  It turns out that Jackson has finally cut their lift ticket prices to a more reasonable $61!

Good snow today, soft in the trees, got warm and slushy in the sun in the afternoon but you could find fresh tracks all day.  I rode with some snowboarders from southern California.  They were hurting ("Man the runs are long here!") but had a good time.  I think they were pretty stoked to have a tour guide, and I'm always game for some company.  We did a headwall hike and rode one of the first crag shots after casper bowl.  It was a nice long cruisy fresh run with some fun rocks to play on.  

I found a cool job, but it doesnt pay.  It's a wilderness volunteer position in the North Cascades.  10 days on, 4 days off for a month or two, $21/day food stipend for days on.  I sure would love to spend 10 days at a time hiking around the cascades, and those 4 days off could be mountain biking bliss.  I don't know how quickly I would commit to such a low-paying job.  I would be tempted to wait around to see if I couldnt score something fun that pays...

I also need to look into Grand Targhee's trail crew.  Supposedly they're pretty chill, don't require formal experience, and pay well.

I take some awesome naps now.  I only meant to sleep for a bit but ended up sleeping from 6:30 to 9...took away all my reading time and I meant to call my mom and dad...woops.

No comments:

Post a Comment