Sunday, February 15, 2009

another day of riding

 I had another decent day of riding today.  Weather was mixed sun and clouds with flat visibility at times.  The resort reported 6 inches in the past 24 hours but I don't know where they measured.

The village is packed.  Lift lines stretched into the five minute range at times (gasp!).  The worst though are all the people that aren't paying attention and go too slow.  Yes I know that as the uphill skiier I yield but I hate killing speed I can use or need.  I did get yelled at today for going too fast, fair enough...

I got over to sublette pretty quick, did a lap, and then hiked the headwall from the top of sublette.  At the top Boston Dan called so I just rode down the headwall (which was soft enough) and met Dan at Thunder.  We rode Sublette and hiked the headwall again, but this time traversed past Casper bowl to the Crags.  The Crags are sweet!  Lots of little funnels and cliffs everywhere but they aren't cliff lines they're just craggy rocks, so it's easy to spot them and to know when they're coming.  At least it was where we rode down.  You can traverse further across the crags to eventually get to the top of Apres Vous.  click for a trail map

Then we met up with John, did a couple of runs off sublette, and called it a day.  The hiking was great but the lift serviced stuff is way tracked.  Need big snow to fill the moguls.

My flows are in rough shape, the repair I tried didnt work.  They let my rear heel lift, which is no good on hard packed terrain.  I'll take a look at the rome bindings tonight to see if I cant make some adjustments to make them more comfortable.  

Tonight's gonna be a good hot tub soak.  Steve is riding backcountry tomorrow and hopefully we'll work something out tonight.  First I need to be less sore...

I sure wish I could get some info on this liquor store job...It'd be smart to pursue alternatives, but Steve's off work tomorrow.  And it's supposed to snow Tuesday.  What am I supposed to do?  turn my back on the snow?  ha.  we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment