Thursday, February 12, 2009

recent purchases

My patagonia bag kept buggin me.  It's porous so it picks up snow everytime I lay it down which is a pain.  the zippers are okay, but it lacks a convenient outside pocket, a spot to stick a probe and a shovel, the straps are awkward with gear on, it's too small, and it doesnt go with my outfit.  So I picked up this little dakine bag for resort use.  It's got a great exterior pocket, fat straps, a spot for a water reservoir, a spot for a board or shovel and prove, and just enough space.  So far so good it rides much better than the patagonia.

Everytime I try to get hooked up with folks to go ride the backcountry (which is much more stable now) the first question they ask is: do you have a transceiver?  To which I respond, no, but I'll buy one if I can find folks to ride with.  Well, that's not a good answer.

Page at the board room took my number this week, and hopefully she'll call for some backcountry riding this weekend.  I'll definitely stop by and tell her I bought a transceiver...

The tracker dts is simple and as cheap as they get.  It's also bomber and plenty accurate.  Hoback sports is having a nice big sale on all winter stuff (25% off), so I picked up the transceiver for $230.

I'll take it out to the village tomorrow (i hope) where they have a practice field, but i dont think it will take much practice... 

and thanks to rebecca for the shovel and probe!  I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment