Thursday, February 12, 2009

hard workin man

Every morning before Doug goes to work he puts on this country tune, I think it's called "hard working man."  It gets him stoked to go do manual labor for the temp agency.

I signed up at the temp agency a week ago or so, and got my first call yesterday.  I turned them down because I was worried my thumb would hold me back.  I got a call this morning too, and got a full day's work in.  

The temp agency primarily gets contracts from construction crews that need some extra arms, and this was no exception.  My spot was on an intown home construction that was running a bit behind, so they hired temps to do a few things.

First was throwing wood in a dumpster.  pretty self explanatory.

Second was ripping old trimming off of the underside of the roof overhangs.  Tearing things apart with crowbars and hammers is always a satisfying experience.  

Next was shoveling snow off the roof.  Good enough, it was sunny up there and the view was nice.  Not too slippery...

Some more wood tossing and garbage disposing.

Then we hammered in exposed nails and removed excess insulation from the exterior.  This was a little tedious, and got cold.  

But it was nice to make 80 bucks or so, and I needed a day off from hurtling down slippery slopes at breakneck speeds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment