Saturday, February 7, 2009

tidbits

I didnt make it to any cafes before closing today, so this is a brief one written from my truck outside a hotel poaching internet.

One of my dad's old law partners has a son out here, Randolph, so i gave him a call, left a message.  he got back to me last night with some good news--i can take his job in two weeks!  It will be interesting to work in a liquor store...good pay and probably benefits that will help me find couches.

I am still looking for engineering jobs, but it would be nice to have some way to pay the bills while i'm here.

I jammed my thumb yesterday so I'll probably take it easy until the snow comes (early this week!).  I'm stoked, hoping very very much that it snows.  

I'm also considering a new board.  Mine is sluggish in powder, especially tight trees, and it's causing me troubles as I start riding steeper, tighter terrain.  the dude at the board room told me to find a lib tech t.rice with banana technology--in other words, reversed camber.  t.rice boards (designed by jackson local travis rice) also have very coarsely serrated edge profiles.  check the board out here

i rode an illuminati pow board yesterday, and while it was tight and light in soft snow, hardpack was a nightmare.  really stiff and really hard to control.  it was gorgeous though, with a bamboo topsheet

things are well, although my thumb is a little stiff.  I moved out of doug and steels hotel room, but now i'm back on the street for a bit (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment