Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the village

I rode the village today and yesterday with some lower cost options.  Yesterday was with Doug and Steel.  Conditions were tough.  It was snowing lightly with  mixed visibility and no snow within the last four days or so.  Plus it's been windy so there's wind crust and exposed hardpack but also some stashes.  Tough conditions because they changed so fast, but great practice.  

I felt great, rode really well.  Doug had to quit early from an old ACL injury, Steel agreed that the day was epic (in an exhausting sort of way).  I talked with a few folks today that shared the sentiment and everyone's ready for snow.

I swore yesterday I would take today off, which I've been saying for a couple of days already.  But there wasn't a cloud in the sky so I took a half day.  I quit early from complete inability to control my speed even though conditions were softer, hung out in the parking lot until sunset and cooked an early dinner.  

I really enjoy people's reactions to my living in the truck.  I always get big smiles and encouragement.  Folks don't seem to think it's crazy, and I'm glad.  It bugs me when people say something I do is crazy--a la downhill biking, because all it usually means is they don't understand it.  So the truck business is a good conversation starter too.  Met Eric from Bozeman today.  I got his number and he said he skis Bridger pretty much monday through friday and I should join...

I have a decent stack of business cards, most of which have numbers on the backs as well.  I should probably start writing them down so I dont lose track.  

I can't get started now on how sweet the mountain is, I'll save that for later after I know it a little better.  but it's amazing.  It's a big mountain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment