Sunday, February 15, 2009

valentines day: love, loneliness, and bar fights?

I got to help break up my first bar fight last night.  Seeing as how no one got badly hurt and the bars aren't pissed, it was pretty neat.  I don't know many details, I just saw a fight with a friend and helped pull dudes apart, then encouraged everyone to leave quickly (cops were outside and I'm not interested in getting a bad rep in this town).

Some dude Steel works with was being a jerk.  He made an offhand comment to Doug about Steel being a cartoon character (didn't know if he was real or fake), and Steel heard.  There was some in your face talking, and the dude headbutted Steel.  Steel butted him back and busted his nose.  That's about when we pulled them apart and went outside.  Apparently the dude tried to clock steel outside while he wasn't looking (lame), and then Boston Dan talked with the guy and the dude spit blood on Dan.  Props to Dan for walking away, spitting blood on someone is pretty low.  We left quickly.

Met up with the same dude later and I guess folks made amends...I tried not to get involved once I saw that the dude apologized for the cartoon character bullshit.

I guess tensions are high on valentines day...


1 comment:

  1. Wierd. I was skiing in the catskills yesterday and I almost got in a fight. Some guy stole my poles. I caught him. He was belligerant.

    Lesson: buy a used ski instructor jacket. When he threatened to "punch [me] in the face" and "put [me] in the trees" my friend in his ski instructor jacket (from another mountain) walked up and acted official. Asshole calmed down and I didn't have to brawl to get my poles back.

    ReplyDelete