Thursday, February 19, 2009

in bounds slides

Despite traversing through bomb dust en route to the expert chutes, one of the dudes I rode with yesterday triggered a soft slab yesterday.  

I had split for the base to check out my tongue, and the rest of the crew rode the chutes one more time.  Steel was filming his buddy as he came down one of the untouched chutes.  He tossed a small slough, and then that triggered a fracture across the slope.  I think the slide knocked Steel off his feet, but no one was hurt.  It's all on video!  which I will post.

So on powder days I will be wearing my transceiver and I guess I ought to use my avy judgement too.

2 comments:

  1. What is "avy judgement"? And, in any event, the second word is spelled without the first "e": judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. avy= avalanche. and judgement is british english, but I guess I'm not british.

    ReplyDelete